Buffalo /Pepin County Fair- August 2-5
Fair Entry Tags
- Fair Entry Tags are available for pick up from the UW-Extension Office.
- Please notify the UW-Extension office of all corrections prior to Wednesday, July 25th. Changes will not be allowed on entry day of the Fair.
- All exhibits must have an entry tag attached at time of check-in.
- Animal exhibits must have entry tag accompanying them at time of check-in.
Fair Exhibit/Entry Check-in
- All exhibits/entries must have an entry tag attached.
- All exhibits/entries must be checked-in using the barcode scanners at designated locations throughout exhibit buildings.
- After exhibit/entry has been checked-in, must place in appropriate section according to department, class and lot for judging. Look for color coded placement signs.
- All exhibits must remain in place until 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Fair Set-up & Clean-up
- Set-up: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 Clean-up: Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- August 1st, 6:00 p.m., Buffalo County Fairgrounds,
- New & experienced Fair superintendents are invited to attend this training to learn and re-familiarize themselves with the FairEntry Check-in and Results processes. Hands on demonstrations of the procedures and equipment are planned. Department information as well as guidelines will be available to help ensure consistency throughout the judging process ultimately providing a better experience for young exhibitors.
- Weigh-In at the Fair – All market animals must be weighed in between
- 7:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 2nd. Market animals arriving after that time will not be eligible for sale.
- Entry tags must accompany all animals at time of check-in.
- Meat Animal Meeting: Required meeting of all meat animal exhibitors, 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 2nd.
- Swine judging will begin at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 2nd.
- Carcass Show Judging: Wednesday, August 8th, 9:00 a.m. at the Gunderson Food Service, Mondovi.
- Carcass Show: Thursday, August 9th, 7:00 p.m. at the Gunderson Food Service, Mondovi.
Meat Animal Project Educational Requirement Report
- Meat Animal Project 2nd Educational Requirement Reports are due to the UW-Extension Office no later than July 27, 2018.
- For 2nd Educational Requirement opportunities visit:
- Meat Animal Exhibitors Contact Potential Buyers: Provide them with information about you, your animal and the Livestock Sale. Junior Livestock Sale, August 2nd, 7:00 p.m. Buffalo County Fairgrounds, Mondovi, WI